Friday, July 30, 2010

What I’m Using for the 2010-2011 school Year!

Can i just say i am sooo excited about some great finds for this upcoming school year? And I'm just as excited to share them with you :o)

Ok, lets start with Brianna…

Brianna’s 2 year Curriculum:

The main curriculum I'm going to be using is biblical, FREE and just awesome! Its Joyful Learning from Hubbard’s Cupboard. I love this! She has cute themes for every month of the year! And great activities and crafts (and pictures) to go with every theme! AND sensory bins and playdough ideas for every month! And I'm a sucker for those!! I highly recommend you check it out! There is also a 3 and 4 year old curriculum!

Here are some supplements i will be using with Brianna:

Kumon: Let’s Sticker and Paste! image

And this set of Animal Baby books i found at a used curriculum sale for $1 total!!!IMG_0001

 

Connor’s 4 year Pre-K Curriculum:

Reading/Handwriting: 

Connor is just started out reading and writing and all that, so he will mostly be working on

  • memorizing sight words
  • sounding words out/beginning reading
  • practicing writing his letters better.

Here is what we will be using:

Christian Liberty Preschool Activity Book(covers letters and numbers and lots lots more!)image

Write and Reuse Alphabet Fun bookimage

Math:

He’s mastered counting up to 10 and he recognizes his numbers up to 10. So we are going to mainly focus on

  • mastering writing his numbers 1-10
  • learning to recognize and write numbers past 10.
  • Plus all the other little things that go along with math :) Like working on patterns, grouping etc.

We are using:

Liberty Preschool Workbook (see above)

Sesame Street Counting with the Count.

This book will have him working on counting and writing numbers 1-20. (i found mine at the dollar store!)

Science:

Science is what i am most excited about because i found some great books, perfect for this year!!

I found this book at a curriculum sale and its perfect for this age!

Child’s Play Scienceimage

It covers six great topics:

  • The Earth
  • Plants
  • Animals
  • My Body
  • Air
  • Water

There are awesome worksheets to go with each topic.

And to go along with this book, is this!

Science Tub Topicsimage

I was so excited about this find! I didn't know it until i got home, but it has experiments that go almost hand in hand with the topics in the above book! The experiments in this book are great! They are easy to do and great for all different ages.

Also to go along with these 2 books is this Playhouse Disney Encyclopedia that Connor got for his birthday!  It covers so many great science topics, including many that we are going to be doing this year! Its very colorful and fun, which is a huge plus for me.

Along with everything else, i always check out these great sites for supplements, worksheets, activities and inspiration. Please check them out, you will find great things on there!

14 comments:

  1. you've done a great job and picking out the curriculum! :) looks like a great year coming up.

    on monday i have a awesome giveaway starting on my welcome to our wonderland blog: abc twiggles! it ROCKS! http://www.kidssoup.com/ABC/ABCpreschoolactivities2.html

    check out the curriculum and if you want to enter the post will be up monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great resources! I love the science curriculum! WE are big fans of Kumon too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun year! I love all those free printables....those ladies are blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun year! That science tub book looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great school year ahead...I also have a 2 (almost 3) year old and 4 year old. These are fun ages to teach aren't they!? Have a blessed year!

    Now following!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog and boy oh boy do I wish that I could find one person like you to befriend where I live. It is hard. I agree with all you're doing, it is very similar to what I am doing here with my 3 little ones (9ms., 3yrs., and 4yrs.)...and people think I am kRaZy! Since becoming stay at home mom a little over a year ago I have found that not everyone is as happy and/or feels as blessed as I do to have this time with my children. Sad. Anyway...keep up the great work and I'll be looking forward to reading more of your posts. Peace,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the curriculum ideas! I really love the science book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing! I have been looking for some new worksheet links! You can link up on our homeschool check up linky every week for the month of August! I am now following you, and look forward to reading more!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices! I love the Dollar Tree's workbook selection-great place to find cheap worksheets. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with the science tubs book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for sharing! What great choices! I will look forward to hearing about your year! We're also thinking about using "Joyful Learning" for our little ones! :)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joyful Learning is lots of great ideas! I loved all the sensory tub too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post! Thanks for sharing the science books with us. I've been looking for some.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We used the Christian Liberty Press preschool with Selena last year and absolutely loved it! Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such great ideas!! I enjoyed perusing your site! Thanks so much and please stop by my blog if you get a moment. I'll definitely be back again...thanks!
    http://mylittlehappies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails