Can i just say i am sooo excited about some great finds for this upcoming school year? And I'm just as excited to share them with you :o)
Ok, lets start with Brianna…
Brianna’s 2 year Curriculum:
The main curriculum I'm going to be using is biblical, FREE and just awesome! Its Joyful Learning from Hubbard’s Cupboard. I love this! She has cute themes for every month of the year! And great activities and crafts (and pictures) to go with every theme! AND sensory bins and playdough ideas for every month! And I'm a sucker for those!! I highly recommend you check it out! There is also a 3 and 4 year old curriculum!
Here are some supplements i will be using with Brianna:
And this set of Animal Baby books i found at a used curriculum sale for $1 total!!!
Connor’s 4 year Pre-K Curriculum:
Connor is just started out reading and writing and all that, so he will mostly be working on
- memorizing sight words
- sounding words out/beginning reading
- practicing writing his letters better.
Here is what we will be using:
Christian Liberty Preschool Activity Book(covers letters and numbers and lots lots more!)
He’s mastered counting up to 10 and he recognizes his numbers up to 10. So we are going to mainly focus on
- mastering writing his numbers 1-10
- learning to recognize and write numbers past 10.
- Plus all the other little things that go along with math :) Like working on patterns, grouping etc.
We are using:
Liberty Preschool Workbook (see above)
This book will have him working on counting and writing numbers 1-20. (i found mine at the dollar store!)
Science is what i am most excited about because i found some great books, perfect for this year!!
I found this book at a curriculum sale and its perfect for this age!
It covers six great topics:
- The Earth
- My Body
There are awesome worksheets to go with each topic.
And to go along with this book, is this!
I was so excited about this find! I didn't know it until i got home, but it has experiments that go almost hand in hand with the topics in the above book! The experiments in this book are great! They are easy to do and great for all different ages.
Also to go along with these 2 books is this Playhouse Disney Encyclopedia that Connor got for his birthday! It covers so many great science topics, including many that we are going to be doing this year! Its very colorful and fun, which is a huge plus for me.
Along with everything else, i always check out these great sites for supplements, worksheets, activities and inspiration. Please check them out, you will find great things on there!
- 1+1+1=1 (home of the Tot School posts. She also has tot books and she’s home of the tot trays.)
- Homeschool Creations (home of the Preschool Corner posts. She also has great printables and more!)
- Preschool Palace (GREAT worksheets!)
- Making Learning Fun (lots of themes and ideas to go with them)
- Everything Preschool (lots of themes and ideas to go with them)
- Confessions of a Homeschooler (check out her ABC tab for her alphabet printables!)
- File Folder Fun (You will love these file folder games and activities!)
- Kidsparkz (great printables!)
- Scholastic (great printables! Just have to look for the ones that say ‘free’ in red)