Thursday, September 23, 2010

Apple Activities

We have been working on some apple activities the past couple of weeks. Here’s what we’ve done:

Connor did math with these fake apples. I would give him an addition problem (2+1) and he would get out the apples and count them to find the answer. We did every problem you can do with 4 apples.IMG_0234 IMG_0235

He did a math worksheet.IMG_0272

We tasted 3 different kinds of apples and picked which we like best. We used Granny Smith, Honeycrisp and Red Delicious.IMG_0260

The verdict all around with both kids (and mom and dad!) was Honeycrisp!

We made an apple pie craft i saw here. I hole punched 2 paper plates and cut the design in the top of one.IMG_0236

The kids painted the top brown,IMG_0237

and glued torn red paper to the bottom.IMG_0241

They then sprinkled cinnamon the leftover glue spots.IMG_0242

After it dried (we did ours the following day), i stapled the plates together and the kids laced them together with brown ribbon.IMG_0264

To go with our pretend apple pies…

a REAL one!IMG_0266 IMG_0268 IMG_0271

Here’s the recipe i used.

We also read these 3 books:image image image

I will be linking up to:

stART@ A Mommy’s Adventures

Preschool Corner@ Homeschool Creations

17 comments:

  1. I love the fake (and real) apple pies!!! So fun :) Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The apple pie craft is adorable, I think I am going to have to try this with Emily this week. Thank you for linking to stART!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you made pretend apple pies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE all that you did for apple week. Those fake apples look so real :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your apple pie craft, very cute. Your apple pie looks delicious. I'm a sucker for warm apple pie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the apple pie craft. I have to make a real apple pie soon. Yum. Were you happy with the recipe you used?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, now I'm craving an apple pie. Fun apple craft and theme. Coming through from stART.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing array of apple books. Both pies look great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so neat that they were able to make their own pretend apple pies. YUM-my favorite kind of pie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooo very fun crafts!!! We love honey crips here as well! I actually got to meet the guy that "invented" them. They are a hybrid apple and they guy was at an apple festival in Hendersonville, NC when we happened to be visiting some friends and swung by! I love that they are becoming more popular because they are amazing! Sorry wrote you a story :-P I love the apple pies you guys made!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum, looks like a fun and delicious week! What a cute craft.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I love your apple pie craft -- how fun!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great activities! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great week and great crafts. I loved your apple math too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great lacing activity. I've been looking for some of those to start with my little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love, love that apple pie craft. What a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those pies look great. Thanks for linking me up. Kristen at Chasing the Goose

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails